Just as poker began dominating card tables in America's Wild West, some enterprising enthusiasts added the concept of 'wild' cards. The term may have derived from the famous wildcats, or mountain lions, that would occasionally come down from the hills at night to add a good deal of excitement to a mining camp.
There's plenty of excitement in our Deuces Wild Video Poker game. It's played like regular Video Poker, but the Deuces ('2's) are wild, meaning they can take on the value of any other card to give you a stronger hand. With a Wild Deuce, you can turn a Pair into Three-of-a-Kind, or Two Pair into a Full House. It's easy, it's fun and, with a wildcard in your hand, there's always plenty of excitement!
- Set Coin Value. Select the coin value for the Video Poker machine by clicking one of three buttons labeled '25¢', '$1' and '$5' that appear in the lower right-center of the control panel. This determines whether you are paying 25 cents, one dollar or five dollars for each coin you are betting in the game.
- Insert Coins. Add money to the Video Poker machine by clicking on the Casino chips to drop them in the coin slot. As you add Casino chips, the coin Credit meter will increment according to the coin value setting.
- Set Coins Bet. Choose how many coins you want to bet on each hand. You can bet up to 5 coins per hand. The Bet One button increases the coins bet by one each time you click it. Bet Max adjusts it to the maximum of 5 coins per hand. The number of coins bet is shown in the Coins Bet meter and indicated by the highlighted column of the payout table.
- Click Deal to Start. This deals five cards to you.
- Hold Cards. Click on those cards you want to hold. Those not marked by a Hold Pin will be discarded and replaced on the draw.
- Click Draw. Those cards not held will be replace with new cards from the deck. The resulting hand is matched against the payout table and your bet is settled. Any wildcards showing will be used to make the highest hand possible.
- Click Deal to Play Again. The deck will be reshuffled and you'll be dealt a new hand.
When the 'DEAL' button is clicked, the machine will deal five cards, all face up. Since this is draw poker, you can chose to hold or discard any of the five cards. Your goal is make the best hand you can between your original deal and your potential draw. Any Deuces you get are wild, so they can help you make a better hand.
To hold or keep a card, click the 'HOLD' button under that card or simply click the card. A pin will appear to indicate that the card is to be held, and the Hold button changes to 'RELEASE'. If you change your mind, click Release or (click the card). After cards-to-hold are selected, click 'DRAW' to draw new cards for those which are to be discarded (i.e. not held).
These new drawn cards plus the hold cards from the first deal constitute your final hand (always a total of 5 cards), and the game pays according to the chart at the top of the machine. Payout is accomplished by increasing your coin credits (shown as a CREDIT meter on the machine face).
Coins In, Coin Value and Coins Credit
You can drop as many casino chips as you wish into the Insert Coins slot. Putting chips in the slot increases your coin credits based on the coin setting for the machine and the dollar value of the chips. The Video Poker machine can be set to play $0.25 coins, $1 coins or $5 coins. If you put a $10 casino chip in a machine with a $1 coin setting, your coin credits will be 10. If you change the coin setting to $0.25, your coin credits will increase to 40 (for a $10 chip).
The minimum bet per hand is 25 cents and the maximum is $25 (5 coins times $5 per coin).
When you are finished playing, you can click 'COINS OUT' to exchange your coin credits for casino chips. As the coins come out of the machine, the number of credits will be multiplied by the coin value setting ($0.25, $1 or $5) and the resulting amount will be added to your casino account balance. If you exit the game without clicking coins out, we will automatically empty the machine and increase your account balance by the proper amount.
Payouts are as shown in the chart at the top of the machine. The payout table has rows containing the payout amounts for various rankings of poker hands (see listing below). Each rank has 5 possible payout amounts, depending on the number in the Coins Bet meter. As you change the Coins Bet value, the vertical column of payout amounts for that Coins Bet number will be highlighted.
For example, if you play 1 coin in a $5 Video Poker machine and come up with a Natural Royal Flush, you will be credited with 250 coins which represent a winning of $1,250. If you had bet the maximum of 5 coins and came up with a Natural Royal Flush, you would be credited with 4000 coins representing a winning of $20,000 on a $5 machine!!
|Value of Hand
|Natural Royal Flush
||* 4000 *
|Wild Royal Flush
|Five of a Kind
|Four of a Kind
|Three of a Kind
Ranking of Hands for Deuces Wild
Natural Royal Flush
The highest ranking hand possible. Starting with an Ace, all five cards are in sequence and in a common suit. A 'natural' hand is one formed without using any wildcards. So a Natural Royal Flush is an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit without using any wildcards.
, Any Card
Wild Royal Flush
A hand constituting an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit, where at least one of the five cards is a Deuce.
substituting for Q
Five of a Kind
Five cards of the same rank, where at least one of the five is a Deuce.
Five cards both in sequence and common suit, but not starting with an Ace. Use of wildcards is permitted.
Four of a Kind
Four cards of the same rank. One or more of the four can be a Deuce.
Three cards of one rank and two cards of another rank. One or more of either rank can be a Deuce.
Five cards of same suit.
Five cards in sequence (Aces may be used high or low), one or more can be a Deuce.
Three of a Kind
Three cards of same rank. One or two of the three can be a Deuce.